Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 5 - Pete's Dragon


     Pete's Dragon is a 1977 live-action/animated musical film from Walt Disney Productions and the first Disney film to be recorded in theDolby Stereo sound system. It is a live-action film but its title character, a dragon named Elliott, is animated. The story is about a young orphan named Pete who enters the fictional town of Passamaquoddy a small fishing community in Northeastern Maine in the early 20th century. His only friend is a dragon named Elliott, who also acts as his protector.

Okay, so this week I decided to just draw from a reference pic, since most of the film was just live-action. I really didn't want to draw Pete, mainly because the blog was only supposed to be animated films (I had to include Pete's Dragon because I loved it as a kid, and technically it is animated, if only partly). I feel like I cheated by looking at actual art from the movie, but again I was rushing this week- I find that rushing is a good thing, since it means my weeks are going by fast until the trip.

Pete's Dragon © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl



No comments:

Post a Comment