Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 7 - The Emperor's New Groove


The Emperor's New Groove (2000) is an American animated filmproduced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures through Buena Vista Distribution on December 15, 2000. It is the 40th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics. The title refers to the Danish fairy tale The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christian Andersen, though the two have little else in common. A comedy produced by Randy Fullmer and directed byMark Dindal, The Emperor's New Groove was altered significantly over six years of development and production from its original concept as a more traditional Disney musical entitled Kingdom of the Sun, to have been directed by Dindal and Roger Allers (co-director ofThe Lion King).

Yes! I loved this movie when it came out, and I still do- it's so funny! I admit this one was a little tough- the style was I think made to look like mayan carvings, so everything's angular (whereas my art is really curvy, lol). Still, I really liked how it turned out, especially the logo. And let me tell you, Yzma is DIFFICULT to get down, haha. I kept re-drawing her so that she'd actually look like herself and not just a wrinkly old fruit c:

The Emperor's New Groove © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment