Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week 42 - The Jungle Book


The Jungle Book is a 1967 American animated film produced by Walt Disney Productions. Released on October 18, 1967, it is the 19th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. It was inspired by the stories about the feral child Mowgli from the book of the same name by Rudyard Kipling. Directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, it was the last to be produced by Walt Disney, who died during its production. After the film's success, Disney later released a live-action remake and a theatrical sequel, The Jungle Book 2.

I have to admit, I didn't see this movie until recently (and I mean like 2 weeks ago, lol) so I had a little bit of a hard time deciding what to draw for this one. Usually I try to think of something that will show the overall theme of the movie (or my favorite part) and turn it into a poster, just like Disney does for their movie covers/posters. But I think I did pretty well on this one, especially on the background! As time goes by, I'm really starting to see an improvement in my artwork! Hopefully by the time my trip comes I'll be better than ever!

The Jungle Book © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment