Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 44 - Fantasia


Fantasia is a 1940 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and released by Walt Disney Productions. With story direction by Joe Grant and Dick Huemer, and production supervision by Ben Sharpsteen, it is the third feature in the Disney animated features canon. The film consists of eight animated segments set to pieces of classical music conducted by Leopold Stokowski; seven of which are performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra. Music critic and composer Deems Taylor acts as the film's Master of Ceremonies, who introduces each segment in live action interstitial scenes.

Wowza! Look what happens when I actually get my sketch done on time! Since there's a LOT of different scenes in both Fantasia movies, I wanted to take some of the biggest ones from the two films. Of course Mickey had to be in front- he will always be the symbol of Fantasia for me. Night on Bald Mountain and The Firebird were the two most memorable scenes from the movies, and The Pines of Rome is so beautiful, I had to add it too (plus I felt the middle needed something big, lol)! I drew everything myself- except the logo (but technically the logo is a strongly edited font- I stretched it, cut it up, and added the little horizontal stubbies to the A's and the F).

Next week is... Pirates of the Caribbean! The only completely live-action movie in the whole blog!

Fantasia © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment