Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 45 - Pirates of the Caribbean



Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a 2003 American adventure fantasy film based on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney theme parks. It was directed by Gore Verbinski and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. The story follows blacksmith Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and pirate Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) as they rescue the kidnapped Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) from the cursed crew of the Black Pearl, captained by Hector Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush). Jay Wolpert developed a script based on the theme park ride in 2001, and Stuart Beattie rewrote it in early 2002. Around that time, producer Jerry Bruckheimer became involved in the project; he had Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio work on the script, adding the supernatural curse to the storyline.


I'm a week late again, but I'm happy that I at least got last week's done! This is one of the few Disney movies I'm drawing that is nearly all live-action (I say nearly because the Kraken and Davy Jones use CGI, among other things). Actually, this is the first life-like drawing I think I've ever done digitally! Even though it's a sketch, I'm going to congratulate myself on a job well done!

Next up is Mary Poppins!

Pirates of the Caribbean © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment