Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 46 - Mary Poppins



Mary Poppins is a 1964 musical film starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, produced by Walt Disney, and based on the Mary Poppins books series by P. L. Travers with illustrations by Mary Shepard. The film was directed by Robert Stevenson and written by Bill Walsh and Don DaGradi, with songs by the Sherman Brothers. It was shot at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. Julie Andrews won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance as Mary Poppins and the film also won Oscars for Best Film Editing, Original Music Score, Best Song for "Chim Chim Cher-ee" and Best Visual Effects, and received a total of 13 nominations.

Late post again, but still I think I did another great job. I have a bit of catching up to do this weekend, but I'll blame it all on my comic- I'm finally going to start uploading them on a weekly basis! I finished this weeks page on Tuesday, and I'm already coloring the next page (for next week), so hopefully I can always stay ahead on that! In the mean time, I'm getting really close to my vacation, so I know I need to get caught up with my Disney sketches! Today makes 100 days left until the trip- it flies by so fast! Also, I ended up using the broadway font for the logo, since I think it matches Mary better. Next post is The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad!

Mary Poppins © Walt Disney Pictures
Artwork © CircuitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment