Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 54 - Tangled



Tangled is a 2010 American computer animated musical fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is the 50th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. The film features the voices of Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi and Donna Murphy and is loosely based on the German fairy tale "Rapunzel" in the collection of folk tales that the Brothers Grimm published.[4] The film tells the story of a lost princess, with long magical hair, who yearns to leave her secluded tower. Against her mother's wishes, she enlists the aid of a bandit thief, to take her out into the world which she has never seen. The film was released on Blu-ray and DVD on March 29, 2011; an animated short sequel, Tangled Ever After, was released in 2012.

I've been waiting to do Tangled since the very beginning of my blog. But since I pulled numbers out of a hat to determine the order, I've had to wait this long to draw it. And I think it was well worth the wait! I'm so proud of this drawing, not only because Rapunzel actually looks like herself, she looks so pretty! Glen Keane, as you may know, is my favorite animator, so I had to go all out for his last Disney movie. Why do I always do so well on the 3D movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment