Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Same Blog, New Goal!

When I started this blog a few years back (has it been that long already?!), it was just a way to pass the time until my Walt Disney World honeymoon vacation. I knew I would have a hard time waiting for the trip, so I needed something to channel my excitement into.

I had to save up a LOT of money, and of course there were some speed bumps along the way. First our car was stolen, and I had to put everything I had saved up into a new car, then we had job problems, and a few deaths in the family. Somehow, though, we were able to make it through the 60 weeks it took waiting for the trip, and in the end it was wonderful and magical and everything you'd expect out of a Disney honeymoon.



Almost two years later, we decide we want to go back to Disney World. So, we start saving up money, and again I decided to do a sketch blog. What could I do though? I had already drawn almost every Disney animated movie, and I didn't want to draw them again. So this time I decided to draw characters. Of course there was way too many to draw once a week, so I ended up deciding on a sketch for every other day. This blog was going to be a lot more often than before, but also just as fun!

But, as expected, we hit a few more speed bumps along this road. We had moved around a bit since the last trip, and now we were stuck in an apartment that didn't really feel like home. So our plans changed. Instead of going on a trip to Disney, we were going to move to Florida and become Disney Cast Members!


There's still a lot of money that we need to save up, and a lot of things that we need to get done first (for example, I have school now, my credit needs some work, and there are a few bills that need to be paid off). So now, the blog will be a way for me to keep optimistic as I try to save up as much money as I can before next April. It's going to be hard, but maybe we can get some support along the way!

I can also do commissions for anyone that wants to purchase some of my artwork- email me at CircuitGirlArt@aol.com if you have any requests, Disney or otherwise! Not only would you be helping me out, but you'd get some of my wonderful artwork for your home!



Thanks to everyone who visits my blog, also! Your views give me lots of hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment